Useful Information

Organ donation: who can give organs?

Organ donation is only possible in certain circumstances of death . In fact, it is about deaths occurring in the hospital, in intensive care, following in particular to head traumatisms or to cerebrovascular accidents. The heartbeat is maintained through resuscitation techniques. The patient is in a state of brain death.

Organ harvesting is therefore quite rare, and sampling possibilities are very valuable. Indeed, brain death accounts for less than 1% of hospital deaths.
However, it represents 95% of transplants performed in France (the remaining 5% representing donations of living people).

To alleviate this ever-growing need for organs, a few years ago the conditions for organ harvesting were expanded, in particular thanks to the 2011 bioethics law.

There is no age limit for donation. Everyone can get their donor card, teenagers as retirees. For minors, permission from parents or legal guardian is required.
All ages are therefore concerned, although it is in principle quite rare that a heart is taken after 60 years. In contrast, the liver and kidney can be.

At the time of collection, examinations are carried out to ensure the absence of communicable diseases, to know the HLA tissue group (and analyze the compatibility with the recipient), etc.

Popular Posts

Category Useful Information, Next Article

The dermatologist - Useful Information
Useful Information

The dermatologist

The dermatologist is the specialist doctor of skin diseases . Many dermatologists have also specialized in aesthetic medicine . This specialist can practice in a hospital, in a clinic, or in a private practice (in liberal). There are just under 4, 000 dermatologists in France. This profession is more and more feminine
Read More
Metastasis: the symptoms - Useful Information
Useful Information

Metastasis: the symptoms

The symptoms of a metastasis are usually very close to those caused by a primary tumor. Thus, it happens that one immediately discovers in some patients, a cancerous metastasis. The patient suffers from certain symptoms (pain, fatigue ...), and after various examinations, sometimes a metastasis is diagnosed
Read More
Mites: dust mite allergy - Useful Information
Useful Information

Mites: dust mite allergy

Mites are involved in more than 60% of respiratory allergies (asthma, rhinitis). In addition, an estimated one in three adults suffers from allergic rhinitis. In fact, what used to be called an allergy to dust is an allergy to dust mites. More specifically, people allergic to dust mites are in fact allergic to certain substances of these mites (faeces, proteins
Read More
Acupuncture: to manage - Useful Information
Useful Information

Acupuncture: to manage

This is a question that many people ask: acupuncture to lose weight, does it work? To answer this question, we must begin by clarifying two points: First: there is no "point of acupuncture to lose weight". Second: the reasons for weight gain - or too much weight that has settled and persists - are multiple
Read More