Calcium is good. It takes - but not too much ....
Here are our tips to make sure your body has the calcium intake it needs:
- If you need calcium, do not just eat cheese. Some have the disadvantage of bringing a lot of fat and salt.
- Diversify your calcium intake, by eating also green vegetables.
- If you miss calcium, read the labels of mineral water bottles where the amount of calcium is indicated.
- The daily intake of calcium should be taken several times during the day so that the intestine absorbs a sufficient quantity.
- The absorption of calcium depends in part on vitamin D. The doctor may prescribe drugs combining vitamin D + calcium.
- If you take calcium supplements, be aware that they may interfere with the absorption of certain medications (such as antibiotics). In this event, ask your doctor for advice.
10 rules for a balanced dietYou want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? See you in our FORUMS Nutrition or A doctor answers you!
To discover also:
> Lack of vitamin D: symptoms and treatments
> Food supplements: what is it for?
> Care for osteoporosis
Sources: French Agency for Food Safety (Afssa). National Health Nutrition Program.