In infants, every effort must be made to avoid false roads.
Here are a few tips :
- Give the breast or bottle in a semi-sitting position (the child should not be completely lying down)
- Use a suitable nipple, ensuring that the infant does not drink too quickly
- Do not immediately recline the infant after feeding, keep him in the upright position until he is
- In babies who vomit or have a very large reflux, use a thickened milk
- The plane inclined at 30 ° is no longer recommended systematically
- Give the feeds in a calm environment so that the child focuses on his bottle or the breast
- Warming the bottle slightly or using cold can help the baby better coordinate the respiratory system and the digestive system.
If you give drugs with a pipette, be sure to administer the product slowly, preferably to the cheek so that the child has time to start his swallowing. And avoid putting the product directly in the back of the throat. Similarly, prefer products with a low capacity (for example for the prevention of vitamin D deficiency, prefer ZymaD ° rather than Uvesterol ° for example) or dilute them in a little water and give it as a feeding.
Moreover, in very premature infants, a small tube is placed in the stomach (gastric tube) to feed them and avoid the wrong path.
Quiz for breastfeeding without problems
Benefits of breast milk, feeding and breastfeeding, milk production, cracks and breast engorgement ... Do you know what it takes for breastfeeding to be successful? Take our quiz!You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Baby, Infantile Diseases or A doctor answers you !
Read also :
Cow's milk allergy in the baby
Breastfeeding: our advice for everything going well
Baby constantly regurgitates ... Why, and what to do?