The symptoms of cirrhosis of the liver are very numerous. They range from "hidden" signs like:
- loss of appetite,
... to more visible symptoms:
- The volume of the liver increases. We talk about hepatomegaly. On palpation, the doctor can perceive it. The liver is hard with a sharp edge.
- The complexion of the skin and mucous membranes can become yellowish, with jaundice (jaundice).
- On the skin, are stellar angiomas, mini-varicose veins in the shape of a star.
- Palmar erythema: the palms of the hands and feet become much more red.
- A clubbing digital: a deformation of the fingers and nails, shaped drum sticks. The nails are rounded and curved on the end of the finger.
- Varicose veins may appear on the belly.
- Ascites: at an advanced stage, the belly becomes liquid. Intra-abdominal fluid accumulates, especially in the peritoneal cavity.
- The whole morphology of the body can be modified. At an advanced stage, the cirrhotic person is typically recognizable: a barrel belly with small, lean legs.
All these symptoms require additional tests. They are requested by a general practitioner or a gastroenterologist (or hepatologist).
What are the causes of black stools?
Blood in the stool can have multiple causes more or less disturbing, including haemorrhages that can cause cirrhosis of the liver.You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS General Health, Alcohol or A doctor answers you !