Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
2 g tube
Treatment of localized cold sores (also called "cold sore").
Dosage ACICLOVIR SANDOZ TIP 5% Cream Tube 2 g
Reserved for adults and children over 6 years old .
Apply the cream, 5 times a day, on the herpes lesions sitting exclusively on the lips.
The treatment is more effective if it is started at the first symptoms announcing an outbreak of cold sores.
The duration of treatment should not exceed 10 days.
- History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir or to any of the excipients.
- Child under 6 years old.
- In application in the eye, in the mouth, in the vagina.
Adverse effects Aciclovir Sandoz Conseil
- Sensations of tingling or transient burns may follow the application of the cream.
- In some patients, the cream induced erythema or dryness of the skin.
- Risk of contact eczema, due to the presence of propylene glycol.