Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Acebutolol
Box of 90
- Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks.
- Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction (acebutolol decreases the risk of myocardial infarction recurrence and mortality, particularly sudden death).
- Treatment of certain rhythm disorders: supraventricular (tachycardias, flutters and atrial fibrillations, junctional tachycardias) or ventricular (ventricular extrasystole, ventricular tachycardias).
Dosage ACEBUTOLOL QUALIMED 200 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 90
- Hypertension: The usual daily dose of acebutolol is 400 mg, which should be administered either in one single dose each morning (a 400 mg dose is available) or in two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening.
This dosage may be increased in case of severe arterial hypertension.
- Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks, tachyarrhythmias: the daily dose may vary from 400 to 800 mg (600 mg on average), starting with the lowest dose, and adapting, step by step, the dosage to clinical condition or electrocardiogram.
- Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction: the treatment with acebutolol should be instituted preferably between the 3rd and the 21st day after the acute episode of infarction: the dosage is 2 tablets per day, in two doses .
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to acebutolol,
- asthma and obstructive chronic bronchopneumopathies, in their severe forms,
- heart failure not controlled by treatment,
- cardiogenic shock,
- atrioventricular blocks of the second and third degrees not paired,
- Prinzmetal's angina (in pure forms and monotherapy),
- sinus disease (including sinoatrial block),
- bradycardia (<45-50 beats per minute),
- Raynaud's phenomenon and peripheral arterial disorders, in their severe forms,
- untreated pheochromocytoma,
- history of anaphylactic reaction,
- breastfeeding: when treated with acebutolol, breastfeeding is contraindicated because of an important passage in the milk,
- combination with floctafenine, sultopride (see interactions).
Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in cases of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is NOT recommended when combined with amiodarone (see interactions).
Adverse effects Acebutolol Qualimed
CLINICAL PLAN :
- The most frequently reported:
. cooling of the ends,
. bradycardia, severe if any,
. digestive disorders (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting),
- Much more rarely:
. slowing of atrioventricular conduction or intensification of an existing atrioventricular block,
. heart failure,
. blood pressure drop,
. Raynaud's syndrome,
. worsening of existing intermittent claudication,
. various skin manifestations including psoriasiform eruptions or exacerbation of psoriasis (see precautions for use).
pneumonitis of immunoallergic origin.
AT THE BIOLOGICAL PLAN :
In rare cases, it has been possible to observe the appearance of antinuclear antibodies which only exceptionally accompany clinical manifestations such as lupus syndrome and cede at the end of treatment.